Sunday, 24 August 2014

Activity 5: Interactive white board

. The interactive white board as far as I can see is very useful  especially to young learners.It is bright and colourful and can make learning real fun. It is a good tool for teaching abstract concepts as students gets a hands-on. It is also good for reinforcement. Teachers and students can also access many helpful software to enhance learning. Teachers and students can access videos, internet and wireless keyboards.
On the other hand there are other cheaper devices that teachers and students can access that will perform similar task. Why would a school purchase one interactive white board that all students will hardly ever access when you can purchase many more ICT tools with the same money that will perform similar task and more students will be able to access.
If my school did not already have an interactive white board I would not have recommended that they invest in one. But we  have one. I am going to recommend that all teachers be trained to use it. I am also recommending that they all get some basic training in its upkeep and see that it is not just use as an ICT entertainment tool.





No comments:

Post a Comment