Friday, 19 September 2014
Activity 9: Managing Cell Phones in the Classroom
My attitude towards cellphones in the classroom has changed. I first saw them as a big distraction. Now I have come to realize that cell phones are a distraction because a lot of students only see phones as devices to be used for making and receiving phone calls and texts messages. I realize if teachers show students how the cell phone can be used for learning their whole attitude to the cell phone will change.
I also realize that the teacher has to put some rules in place for the management of its use in the classroom. Rules such as all phones must be turned off in class and phones that go off in class will be confiscated for a period. I realize that a well supervised use of cell phones in the classroom will minimize distractions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment