I must admit that I do not often use educational software in my teaching but this course has reminded me how useful they can be to teaching and learning. Many of them can be used by both students and teachers in the classroom as they are age and ability appropriate and can also be easy to navigate. They can make learning easier and help students to master skills that they are struggling to develop. They can also make learning more exciting. Some are not difficult to obtain since they are free to down load from the internet.
I realize that they should not be used sorely as a teaching tool but should be used when they can enhance and support teaching. Many students already love using the computer(I know those at my school love do), therefore it will be useful to have them use educational software to help them develop and master skills that they need to. I will be recommending some of those I have seen posted in this programme to my teachers.
No comments:
Post a Comment